The Lower Cape Fear River Basin ECO Camp is tailored to children between the ages of about 9 years to 13 years old. Students will learn about plants and animals in the Lower Cape Fear Basin while experiencing hands on activities and field trips which will enable them to become better stewards of the environment. Field trips will take kids on the Cape Fear River, through our areas best parks and end with a cold dip the the pool daily. Get your registration in today.
In the registration form, please use Parent’s Name and contact info on the first page, and register each camper as an “attendee”. You will receive a confirmation and information package at least two weeks prior to the camp.
We have 3 sessions for 2017, make sure you choose the correct session –
Session 1- July 17th – 21st
Session 2 – July 24th – 28th
Session 3 – July 31st – August 4th
Registration is required and camp cost is $150/week.
We also offer scholarships!
Download the form HERE and email it to: KayLynn@cfrw.us.
For parents that have already registered please download, print, fill out and bring these two forms with you on your child’s first day of camp, we also have some important details about cap below.
Hello Eco-Camper guardians, thanks for registering for Camp! We are excited to share a fun and educational week with your child this summer. Please find links to the two forms you will need to fill out and have with you the first day of camp ABOVE. It would be best if you can print these out and bring the completed forms with you when you drop off your child on the first day of camp. We will also have the forms available for you to complete when you arrive, but please plan to arrive on time or slightly early in order to spend about 10 minutes completing the forms if you are unable to do it ahead of time.
1. Dress your child in clothes they will not mind getting dirty. We will be exploring our watersheds! They will need to wear close-toed shoes for hiking on trails (exception is Monday and Friday). A backpack would free up hands to write and point out interesting flora and fauna along the way, as well as enable them to carry their water with them.
2. Dress your child in a swimsuit with clothes on top each morning except Friday. Pack a change of clothes every day (except Friday) so that they can change into dry clothes after we swim at the YWCA pool. Pack a towel.
3. Each child needs to have a full bottle of water with them each morning. We will have re-usable bottles available at no cost Monday morning for the campers to decorate and use throughout the week. We will provide water to refill their bottles throughout the day. If your child brings home their new bottle, please be sure to pack it for the following day.
4. Please feed your child breakfast every morning before dropping them off with us.
5. Please pack a lunch for your child each day. If your family needs help with a packed lunch, just let me know.
6. Drop off time is 8:00AM. Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes early. Please drop them off before 8:15am if possible.
7. Pick up time is 5:00PM, except Friday, when pickup time is 3:00pm. Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes late.
8. Please apply sunscreen to your child each morning (Tuesday – Friday) before dropping them off at camp, as we will be outside the majority of the day. If you pack a sunscreen for your child, please do not pack the spray-on sunscreen.
9. Please pack the insect repellent of your choice and we will apply it if needed.
We look forward to spending a fun and educational week with your child this summer! If you have any questions feel free to ask!